- 5:00 PM - Mayor Kalmin Smith and/or CNF Grantees will be present to share their message.
- 5:00 - 7:00 PM - Barbeque Cook-Off between the Grand Ledge Police Department, Grand Ledge Area Firefighters/EMS, and Masons/National Guardsmen. We will celebrate and applaud each of these dedicated community groups. Please come out and thank these caring neighbors who have our back and are there for us 24/7. Trophy for #1 barbeque.
- Free will giving to Blessings in a Backpack-Grand Ledge for the meal you will receive.
- Pie judging contest by local community members (non-professional bakers). Trophy for #1.
- Displays by Caring Neighbor Foundation’s Grantees (GLEAP, SIREN, Red Cross (local), Blessings in a Backpack –GL, Capital Area United Way 2.1.1.), and other grantees will display what they do in providing shelter, food, and aid to those in need.
- Grand Ledge Area Fire Department as well as City, County, and State Police – “Touch a Truck”.
- Family-friendly activities: 4 clowns for face painting & balloon twisting, bouncy house & more.
- Grand Ledge Food Bank Collection – We will be conducting a non-perishable food drive.
- 7:00 - 9:00 PM - Music in the Park with The Hitchhickers and Global Village taking the stage.
- At Dusk - Fireworks Extravaganza
The Caring Neighbor Foundation calls on its community to put ‘action’ to the care in Michigan’s Caring Neighbor Day proclaimed by our Governor.
Let us - help you - to help others. We are all neighbors in this world.
For more information about the World Caring Neighbor Foudnation, please visit caring-neighbor.com