The Chamber promotes the economic, recreational, and historical attributes of the Greater Grand Ledge area.
Being a member of the Grand Ledge Area Chamber of Commerce adds prestige to your business, solidifies your standing in the business community, and sets your business above the rest.
Your Chamber membership helps you and your business gain visibility and connect with potential customers, save money on needed products and services, build a network, reach out through unique marketing opportunities, and enhance your professional skills and knowledge. Membership also provides a sense of community and belonging to you and your staff, a feeling like you are a part of something special.
The benefits of membership in the Chamber are continually expanding. Currently, they include:
Visibility and Connection
Money-Saving Discount Programs
- Alphabetical and categorical listings on the Chamber's online Member Directory as well as an exclusive members-only opportunity to advertise your business on the Chamber’s website, social media, and eNewsletters. As an added benefit, the Chamber’s website is search engine optimized for all major engines, so people throughout the community and around the world can find information about your business, even if they do not search for the Chamber and whether or not your business has its own website.
- Membership plaques to let all who visit your location know that your business is a member of the Chamber.
- Dozens of sponsorship and networking opportunities with our major festivals and events - Yankee Doodle Days, Annual Golf Outing, Color Cruise and Island Festival, Fun On the Rocks Winterfest, Holiday Parade, Annual Chamber Dinner and Awards, Music in the Park Concert, and Movies in the Park.
- Add discounts from your fellow members for goods and services available in the area.
- Buy local and you support other Chamber members, their families, and their staff’s families.
- We are all in this together, local dollars help local families.
- Lunch and Learn events.
- Grand Ledge Chamber Business Referrals – Member referrals to local inquiries.
- Before, during, and after business networking events.
- Annual Golf Outing and other special events to keep you connected with other professionals.
- Ribbon Cuttings to meet the newest members of the Chamber.
- Discounted membership to the Grand Ledge Opera House to attend their events.
- Before and after networking events in conjunction with our major festival for volunteers and members only.
Business & Professional Development
- Advertising and sponsorship opportunities on print, billboard, and television spots.
- Opportunities to share news about your business on the Chamber website and social media to establish yourself as an expert in your field.
- The opportunity to post job openings on our website at no cost which can be seen by job seekers worldwide all day everyday.
- Mailing label program that allows you to directly contact all Chamber members with timely information, announcements, or events, etc. These are offered at no-charge one time per year, per member. Member must make prior arrangements for labels, allowing up to three business days for preparation, and pick them up at the Chamber office. A $25 charge is requested for updated labels if needed more than one time per year. Labels may not and should not be used in any way that discredits the Chamber.
- eNewsletter articles included in member email blasts.
- Members-only referrals.
- Assistance with Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies to showcase your new or renovated business to the community.
- Access to speakers, training, and educational opportunities at Chamber events that will help you to grow your business and enhance the skills that make you more in demand as a professional.
- Email notices about Chamber events and happenings to keep you current, well informed, and able to take advantage of business-building opportunities.
Treatment of Members and Volunteers
The Grand Ledge Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors has a policy that expresses their expectations regarding how members and volunteers are to be treated. The policy states:
- With respect to interactions with members, those applying to be members, and volunteers, the Executive Director or other board designee shall not cause or allow conditions, procedures, or decisions that are unsafe, undignified, unnecessarily intrusive, or that fail to provide appropriate confidentiality or privacy.
If a member or volunteer believes they have not been accorded a reasonable interpretation of their rights under this policy, please contact the Board Chair, Keith Mulder