The Chamber promotes the economic, recreational, and historical attributes of the Greater Grand Ledge area.Being a member of the Grand Ledge Area Chamber of Commerce adds prestige to your business, solidifies your standing in the business community, and sets your business above the rest.
Your Chamber membership helps you and your business gain visibility and connect with potential customers, save money on needed products and services, build a network, reach out through unique marketing opportunities, and enhance your professional skills and knowledge. Membership also provides a sense of community and belonging to you and your staff, a feeling like you are a part of something special.
The yearly price to join the chamber and support all that we do for the community are as follows:
|o Business Membership - $250 per year || || |
|o Non-Profit Business Membership - $130 per year|| || |
|o Friends of the Chamber - $85 per year (individuals)|| || || || |
The benefits of membership in the Chamber are continually expanding. Currently, they include:Visibility and Connection
Marketing and Networking Opportunities
- Alphabetical and categorical listings on the Chamber's online Member Directory as well as an exclusive members-only opportunity to advertise your business on the Chamber’s website, social media, and eNewsletters. As an added benefit, the Chamber’s website is search engine optimized for all major engines, so people throughout the community and around the world can find information about your business, even if they do not search for the Chamber and whether or not your business has its own website.
- Membership sticker to let all who visit your location know that your business is a member of the Chamber.
- Sponsorship and networking opportunities with our community events
- St. Patrick's Day Parade
- Annual Chamber Award Dinner
- Market on the Grand
- Music in the Park Concert Series
- Yankee Doodle Day
- Movie in the Ballfield
- Annual Golf Outing
- Business Expo
- Grand Ledge Fall Festival
- Grand Ledge Beer Fest in the Ballfield
- Bridge Street Trick or Treat
- Night Lights Christmas Parade and Tree Lighting
Business & Professional Development
- Ribbon Cuttings to meet the newest members of the Chamber.
- FREE vendor spot at our Fall Business Expo event
- FREE outreach spot in the plaza for Bridge Street Trick or Treat event
- Breakfast and networking at Coffee and Conversation Meetings
- Mix and Mingle events in the Spring and Fall
- Opportunities to share news about your business on the Chamber website and social media
- The opportunity to post job openings on our website at no cost which can be seen by job seekers worldwide all day everyday.
- First hand pick to sponsor events
- Top placement behind sponsors in 3 parades the chamber hosts for the community
- Member to member referrals
- Access to speakers, training, and educational opportunities at Chamber events that will help you to grow your business and enhance the skills that make you more in demand as a professional.
- Email notices about Chamber events and happenings to keep you current, well informed, and able to take advantage of business-building opportunities.
- Leadership Development classes
- Goal Setting Seminar
Treatment of Members and Volunteers
The Grand Ledge Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors has a policy that expresses their expectations regarding how members and volunteers are to be treated. The policy states:
- With respect to interactions with members, those applying to be members, and volunteers, the Executive Director or other board designee shall not cause or allow conditions, procedures, or decisions that are unsafe, undignified, unnecessarily intrusive, or that fail to provide appropriate confidentiality or privacy.
If a member or volunteer believes they have not been accorded a reasonable interpretation of their rights under this policy, please contact the Board President, Lynne MacDowell